Who You Are
- You don’t just implement designs, you add elegant perfection to each interaction.
- You are relentless in your pursuit of the best experience for users.
- You’re flexible and earnest in your approach.
- You’re a skilled UI developer. Your work is clean, precise, and artfully crafted.
- You collaborate with everyone on your project team to define and implement innovative solutions for our customers.
- You know how your decisions impact the experience of the project’s users.
- You keep up with trends and best practices in interaction design and development; you share these lessons with team members and management.
- You keep maintainability and readability in mind when crafting code since you know code is read far more often than it is written
- You internalize the client’s needs -- you don’t stop at the articulated need, you ask “why” until you truly understand the underlying desire.
- You learn from everyone, no matter what their title is.
- You’re an excellent communicator. We expect all of our team members to work directly with clients.
- 2+ years of professional experience
- 1+ years of experience with React.JS and/or React Native as well as Redux and/or mobx
- experience with ES6, Webpack (or similar), Babel (or similar).
- a strong understanding of semantically meaningful and accessible markup.
- experience with CSS preprocessors (Sass preferred)
- comfortable planning and implementing Responsive Design for new projects and redesigns
- ability to write automated tests and refactor
Bonus Points for
- experience in one or more server-side languages (Ruby, Python, etc.)
- a strong, clean visual design sense with attention to detail
- experience with front-end performance optimization
- contributed to open source
- experience in SMACSS, BEM, OOCSS, ITCSS, or Atomic Design
- experience in usability testing and other user research techniques,
- experience working in Lean UX, SCRUM or other Agile approaches
- experience delivering mobile applications to both Android Play Store and Apple Store
Who We Are
We’re a curious and humble group of people who love to build things. Learning is the key to our culture, and we’re always looking for new skills to pick up and ways to hone our craft. We bring that same curiosity to our clients, digging into their needs so we can make sure our design and development projects look great, work great and push their businesses forward. At Table XI, you’ll get exposure to many different people and projects. Our clients look to us as a strategic partner, and we make decisions that affect the long-term success of their businesses.
- Northwestern University research facilities perform and advance clinical research
- Maria Pinto relaunch her fashion business
- More than 25,000 people participate in Chicago Ideas Week each year
- Pharmaceutical companies ensure that medicines and vaccines are manufactured and stored properly
- Families suffering from tragic circumstances connect with resources and each other
- Roger Ebert solidify his legacy as a film critic
But the work is just part of what makes Table XI a fun place to be. We make time for people to follow their interests, whether that's volunteering at Code Platoon, speaking at RailsConf, learning a new framework or writing books. If there's something you're passionate about, we want to help you pursue it so you can teach it to the rest of us. Our weekly Lunch and Learns have covered everything from an X-Files approach to design, to React/Flux basics, to culinary skills for home cooks, to website performance testing.
Everyone on our team gets...
- Daily gourmet meals cooked in-house with vegetarian, gluten-free, and other options available
- The promise of minimal travel
- A casual loft office that pairs an open floor plan with quiet rooms
- Competitive salary
- Cigna health insurance
- 401k plan, including employer matching
We take equality seriously.
Table XI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.